Utah Mighty 5 National Parks Trip Planner. Enjoy the stunning beauty and natural landscapes of Utah rocks on this ten-day itinerary that takes you through Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Zion. Explore hiking trails, take photos of nature’s beauty, and find out what makes each park unique with this adventure guide!
10-Day Itinerary for Utah's Mighty 5 National Parks
Planning a trip to Utah's Mighty 5 National Parks is an incredible adventure filled with stunning natural landscapes and outdoor activities.
These five parks include Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Zion.
Here's a 10-day Utah Mighty 5 itinerary to help you make the most of your visit:
- Day 1: Utah Mighty 5 Zion National Park
- 2: Bryce Canyon National Park
- Day 3: Bryce Canyon National Park
- 4: Bryce Canyon to Capitol Reef National Park
- Day 5: Capitol Reef National Park
- Day 6: Arrival in Moab (Arches National Park)
- 7: Arches National Park
- Day 8: Canyonlands National Park
- 9: Canyonlands NP
- Day 10: Utah Mighty 5 Departure
Day 1: Utah Mighty 5 Zion National Park
- Drive to Zion National Park. (We came down from Utah where we visited a few hot springs, including Homestead Crater.)
- Check into your accommodations in Springdale, Virgin, or Rockville, near Zion. (We stayed at Zion River Resort in Virgin, Utah.)
- Explore the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive and shuttle system.
- Hike the iconic Narrows or Angels Landing (if you're up for a challenging adventure).
- Consider taking a ranger-led program or renting equipment for canyoneering or rock climbing.
- Enjoy your night in Springdale.
2: Bryce Canyon National Park
- Drive to Bryce Canyon National Park. (93 miles, about 2 hours!)
- Check into your hotel or campsite near Bryce Canyon. (We stayed at Canonville KOA which is now RJourney RV Park.
- Enjoy the sunset at Bryce Point for incredible views of the park's unique hoodoos.
Day 3: Bryce Canyon National Park
- Spend the day hiking and exploring Bryce Canyon's breathtaking amphitheaters.
- Don't miss popular trails like Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail.
- Stargaze at night, as Bryce Canyon is a designated International Dark Sky Park.
4: Bryce Canyon to Capitol Reef National Park
- Drive to Capitol Reef National Park (136 miles, about 3 hours.)
- Check into your accommodations near Capitol Reef. (We stayed at Wanderland RV Park.)
- Explore the park's unique geology and scenic drive.
- Take a short hike to Hickman Bridge.
Day 5: Capitol Reef National Park
- Spend the day hiking deeper into Capitol Reef or consider a horseback riding adventure.
- Visit the Capitol Reef Visitor Center and learn about the park's history.
- Hang out at Panorama Point to watch the sunset and look for the Milky Way.
- Enjoy a relaxing evening and local cuisine.
Day 6: Arrival in Moab (Arches National Park)
- Arrive in Moab. (161 miles, about 3 hours.)
- Check into your hotel or campsite in Moab. We stayed at Portal RV Resort.
- Explore Arches National Park and hike to iconic landmarks like Delicate Arch and Landscape Arch.
- Enjoy a beautiful sunset in the park.
7: Arches National Park
- Continue exploring Arches National Park.
- Consider taking a ranger-led tour or participating in a photography workshop.
- Relax in the evening at your accommodation in Moab.
Day 8: Canyonlands National Park
- Drive to Canyonlands National Park (or spend another day at Arches NP.)
- Spend the day exploring the other districts of Canyonlands, such as The Needles or The Maze (if you have the appropriate permits and a high-clearance vehicle).
- Consider taking a guided 4x4 tour to access remote areas.
- Visit the Island in the Sky district and hike the Mesa Arch.
- Explore the Grand View Point Overlook for sunset.
- Return to Moab in the evening.
9: Canyonlands NP
- Explore another section of Canyonlands National Park such as The Needles.
- Stop at Dead Horse Point State Park or check out the Petroglyphs and Dinosaur Tracks.
Day 10: Utah Mighty 5 Departure
- Check out of your accommodations.
- Continue on to your next destination. (After we left Moab, we headed to Mesa Verde National Park Colorado.)
Utah Mighty 5 National Parks Conclusion
This itinerary covers the highlights of Utah's Mighty 5 National Parks and offers plenty of opportunities for hiking, photography, and enjoying the unique natural beauty of each park.
Be sure to check park websites for any closures, trail conditions, or reservations needed in advance of your trip. Enjoy your adventure!
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT for later!